Enjoy the flavorful and fulfilling tastes of our Dill Pickle Bacon Pizza. This masterpiece begins with a golden, crunchy dough covered with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, and dill pickles that add saltiness and crunch. The final touch to this beautiful and unusual pie is a sprinkling of freshly chopped dill, which gives it a bright and refreshing flavor. This pizza is great for a crowd, so order a few and make it a family tradition.
Dough for pizza: Both homemade and store-bought options are acceptable for this pizza’s base. A standard pizza recipe calls for flour, yeast, salt, and water; the dough is then kneaded, rolled out, and stretched to fit a pizza pan or stone.
Those who make the pizza sauce: This sauce, made from tomatoes, goes on the crust before the toppings. It can be bought premade or cooked from scratch, and its flavorings often include garlic, Italian seasoning, and other herbs and spices.
Fresh mozzarella: Cheese like this is frequently found in pizzas. It melts into a stretchy consistency with a gentle, creamy flavor. Shredded mozzarella cheese is a typical pizza topping and is usually sprinkled above the sauce before any other toppings are added.
Bacon: Before being cooked, this pig cut is often sliced and cured with salt, sugar, and other spices. The texture becomes crisp, and the flavor becomes salty and Smokey when cooked. Crispy bacon is fried and then crumbled for this pizza.
Crisp dill pickles: Pickled cucumbers seasoned with dill, salt, and vinegar. They’re crisp and have a tangy, almost sweet taste. Dill pickles, cut and piled on the cheese, top this pizza.
Fresh dill: This is a herb that tastes mild and sweet, almost like licorice. Adds a tangy, refreshing flavor to pickles and other meals. When this pizza is done baking, fresh dill is sliced and sprinkled over the top.
To create this mouthwatering dill pickle bacon pizza, please observe the following steps:
- Ensure your oven is at 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius) before cooking. This will help the pizza crust bake up nice and crispy.
- The pizza dough can be rolled out into a large circle or rectangle on a lightly floured board. You can buy premade dough or mix it using flour, yeast, salt, and water. Dough thickness should be around a quarter of an inch.
- Spread the dough out on a baking sheet or pizza stone. This is where the pizza will bake, contributing to the crust’s crispiness as it bakes.
- Smear the pizza sauce all over the dough, leaving a thin border around the edges. You can buy a jar of sauce or create your own by cooking together some diced tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a saucepan until the sauce thickens. Spread the sauce over the dough; it doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth.
- Top the sauce with a generous helping of shredded mozzarella. This will provide a creamy, delicious element to the pizza and help keep the toppings in place.
- Cover the cheese with the sliced dill pickles and crumbled bacon. Bacon can be baked or fried until crispy, at which point it can be ground into bits. To ensure that the dill pickles bake evenly and don’t overpower the other ingredients, they should be thinly cut.
- To get a golden crust and melted, bubbling cheese on a pizza, bake it for 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated oven. Baking time will vary by oven and dough thickness, so be prepared to experiment.
- After the pizza has cooked, sprinkle it with fresh dill. Incorporating this will give each bite a burst of tangy, refreshing flavor while also counteracting the saltiness of the bacon and dill pickles.
- Cut up the pizza and serve it straight from the oven. Enjoy! Your friends and family will go crazy for this savory and creative take on a traditional pizza.